Pediatric Oncology Patient Care Navigator Program
- A licensed certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse who assists young patients and families navigate their way through the difficult journey of childhood cancer.
- Provides educational support related to diagnosis, medications, treatment plan and late effects after treatment is completed.
- Facilitates physical emotional and financial assistance.
- Collaborates with other medical and supportive care providers.
- Coordinates local, state and national resources to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Provides community education and awareness.
Child Enrichment Program
- Certified specialist trained in child development who provides therapeutic arts and crafts, play and interaction for patients and siblings in the Kids Cancer Center and Hospital.
- Teaches patients and families special techniques to use during procedures and treatments.
- Develops and facilitates arts and craft, cooking and painting classes
- Coordinates & educates KCF Volunteers
- Educational Advocacy Program
- Advocates for patients and families with the school system
- Coordinates Hospital/Homebound students
- Assists and coordinates for school re-entry
- Facilitates Neuropsychology testing
- Tutoring for patients and siblings
- Provides educational assistance for all ages and grade levels with their studies.
Gift Card Program
- Enables families to purchase basic necessities of food, clothing and gas to come to and from treatment.
- Family Socials and Kids Night Out
- Free, fun and entertaining events outside of the hospital.
- Benefit patients and families by allowing them the opportunity to network with one another.
Portable Play Carts and Treasure Chests
- Colorful carts stocked with video games, toys, board games and arts and crafts.
- Toy chests filled with special treats at the Doctors office and Hospital.
Legacy Bead Program
- Allows patients to collect colorful beads that represent their journey through treatment.